New Raspberry Pi 3 B+

I presume this should be a straightforward replacement ?, a little faster with better networking capabilities.
raspberrypi.org/blog/raspbe … le-now-35/

Anyone have any thoughts as to what impact this will have on software/hardware development.

Not a big change really, but all welcome. The interesting thing was the usb/ethernet controller, as described here by michelangelo.

The wifi will require new kernal

Just built a working image for PI 3 B+:
updates.volumio.org/pi/volumio/2 … pi.img.zip

Everything works as expected, but looking forward for your feedbacks :wink:

Everything works perfectly! Using with HIFIBERRY DAC+ PRO and 7" official touchscreen over WiFi. Interface is more responsive and that 5GHz Wifi speeds do make a difference! Great work, thank you!

Everything works perfectly with my iMic Griffin USB. More responsive.
Waiting for my new Hifiberry AMP2.

Great job Michelangelo !

All perfect for my allo boss dac, connected to my 5gh wifi network. Thanks Michelangelo! (volumio version 2.382),
Maybe I find a not very sensitive wifi signal (54/80 m / bit) at 5 meters) but everything works.

I was never able to get Volumio on the Pi 3 to work with my Schiit Modi Multi-bit - lots of packets got dropped, especially for hi-res material. But the Pi 3 B+ and Volumio is working flawlessly with the Modi, including 96/24 FLAC. Sound is fantastic!

Hi guys,

Ive just put together a Pi3B+ with a Hifi berry DAC plus Pro xlr using the img in this thread but im running into some issues getting the dac to come to life.

When the system is running the DAC LED is not lit, im also getting the error message to say it cant find the folder for what im guessing is the mixer module

Can any one shed some light or is this just the fact the Pi3b+ is so new the bugs in the current img arnt worked out

Many thanks

Graeme

The DAC LED not lighting is bad; you should check with HFB re the DAC,

Chris M

I think its more of a configuration problem, this is from HiFi Berry’s support pages

I downloaded the latest img last night volumio-2.388-2018-03-23-pi and will test today but i have a feeling the drivers arnt be set

Well I have now figured this out and its a bad board form HiFi Berry, in short there is an issue on the 5v rail, i have jumper the track and now have a working board but to say im disappointed in the quality of the product is an under statement.

I have worked as a designer in the HighEnd and Ultra HighEnd Audio industry for over 20 years and never had a product shipped with a fault as bad as this. Your average user wouldn’t have found this and the arrogant solder on the board voids warranty would put most people off from even attempting to look for the issue or fix it.

Okay just in case any one else comes across a problem i have added a couple of pictures, Missing 5V.jpg this shows that the pin coming from the Pi header has the 5v but using a test meter its not making it to the board

and thisScreen Shot 2018-03-24 at 14.43.41.png is the reason, a tiny crack between the solder pad for the header pin and the 5v track heading out to the board

The fix is to jumper the 5V line so that the board gets power which is what i have now done and have a functioning DAC

Hi

I am probably unlucky but Raspberry pi3 B+ STILL can not connect to wifi. Even through ethernet cable I can’t get access to it through volume.local. Any suggestions.

I used to use PI3 B version without issues.

Thanks

Have a read of this thread (raspberrypi.org/forums/view … p?t=182229) and see what you can get,

Chris M