MyVolumio won't allow Tidal playback

I just re-imaged a new microSD card as an attempt to troubleshoot why I suddenly was experiencing Volumio not booting properly (I re-imaged the old microSD card several times – each fresh install worked, but after awhile, I could not reboot the device with success).

I’ve also experienced this previously, when I re-imaged, but this time it appears to be worse. I login to MyVolumio on the device, and log in to Tidal. I then go to My Music and notice that it only loads a couple of albums that are in my collection. I go to play any song, and I get an error that says “Requested quality is not allowed in user’s subscription”. I delete my user settings to do a factory reset, and remove the device from MyVolumio before logging in again, as this seemed to previously fix this issue. Btw, I have Tidal “HiFi”, and my account is working fine on my desktop player.

I’ve been a Volumio user over a year, and a MyVolumio subscriber since about the time it was released. I can see the potential here, but all of these problems that I keep bumping into with Tidal, Spotify Connect, and Youtube plugins are becoming increasingly frustrating… :frowning:

Does anyone have a suggestion on how to get Tidal working again.

I am also having issues with tidal playback after the latest update.
I need to go to my profile and from there connect to the volumio instance in order to get tidal to work, otherwise I get an error. And this works only until system restart or shutdown, after that I need to repeat this procedure.

Updating to 2.555 fixed this problem for me.

Great to hear that we solved it.

Updating to 2.555 and Tidal icon in My Music keeps disappearing. I have to log out and login Tidal everytime Pi is restarted

We are checking now as we speak!

I just downloaded the latest update and did a fresh re-image on the microSD card.

I still receive the same error I posted above… So, it appears to be an issue with MyVolumio account?

I also do not see any of my playlists after logging in to Spotify, either.

This is a bummer… :frowning:

Do I need to have MyVolumio account reset???