Mount pcloud drive

Hi :slight_smile:,

so I just started using Volumio and so far I find it very promising.

There’s just one feature I would love to have and I wasn’t able to find any way to do this:
I have most of my music in the cloud on a pcloud.com Server. On my laptop and phone I can mount the drive and play the music directly from it, using their proprietary app. Is there any way to do this for Volumio?

I was looking into WebDAV, trying to mount the drive via shell commands and davfs2. So far I haven’t been successful though and I’m running out of ideas.

Has anyone ever done this? Doesn’t necessarily have to be pcloud I guess but maybe one of you has succeeded with another cloud service?

Thanks!

So I managed to mount the cloud drive to /mnt/DAV. The files are there…I just cannot access them from the Volumio API.

Any ideas?

I did it!

Well, some of the music from my cloud drive shows up in Volumio at least. I will have to ssh into the system every time I restart it and the indexing takes forever, it’s still not done actually. Not sure if I will have to do that every time - that would make my solution pretty much useless.

Here’s what I did nonetheless. Maybe someone can use it:

1. SSH into Volumio
  2. Install davfs2 via “apt-get install davfs2”
  3. Mount the drive to the internal folder, so Volumio thinks it’s just a folder in it’s system SD: “sudo mount -t davfs /data/INTERNAL”

So, if anyone knows how to automate this process, please tell me :slight_smile:

Interesting :slight_smile: A number of people have requested this feature for a while now. You should be able to automate your mounting by using ‘fstab’ or a systemd service file … have a Google. Please report back here to let us know how you got on.

Thanks! I will definitely try that :slight_smile: