2 or more usb-devices

This is my first post and I am a real huge Fan of Volumio! I use it every day and I ripped about 2500 of my CDs to a 1Tb ssd (flac). This ssd now is full and I would like to add a second one, but It seems to be, that’s not possible. It wouldn’t matter for me, if the ssd’s are shown as separate harddiscs, but it would be nice if this opportunity just would be possible. Could there anything be done?
Best regards from Detmold, Germany

Gregor

On what basis do you say this? It’s certainly something technically possible, but not something that I have tried personally.

There was an older Thread, which unfortunately I can’t find anymore. That thread had a complicated way how it could be done, but for a normal “stupid” user it was not possible to do. I’m looking for a plug and play solution for the second SSD.

Have you actually tried it? If Volumio doesn’t pick it up automatically, then it can be mounted manually.

Of course I tried it with the result, that no ssd was found and I had to reboot.
Did you had succes?

Then please let us know in your posts … no mind readers here :wink: Would you mind sending a log with both hdd drives attached please?

You mean, I shall crash the System a second time and then send the log after rebooting?

No point in sending a log after reboot, but you have provided a bit more information there … you say that running with two drives causes Volumio to crash? Do these drives have their own power supply?

One ssd (the 1TB I always use) is powered by a powered hub. This one works as single version with this hub 24/7 fine. The other (2nd) device was as first a 128gb usb-stick (ntfs-formatted) and after that a 3,5’ normal harddisc with it’s own ps. In both cases after some seconds the fine working ssd disappeared and I had to reboot (with the 1TB ssd only) to get a working system.
Apologize my bad English… :neutral_face:

nobody? :cry: Meanwhile I tried with different devices with the same result. If I Connect two usb-sticks / HD’s etc. volumio crashes and doesn’t find even one device…

I am investigating. However, to help us please provide logs as you were asked.

I run my Volumio with 2 usb sticks, one is actually a mSDXC card inside an adapter, no probs so far.