mini dlna

hello,

I have just installed volumio and it’s great ! I use it on a rpi 2, with a usb disk connected and a VDac 2. I would like to be able to read the music on that disk with another system, that can read only music from a dlna server (bose soundtouch). So I would like to run a mindlna on the pi. However, I don’t manage to do it. : I can install it (sudo apt-get install minidlna), however, the service doesn’t seem to start if I reboot the pi, I can’t see it using ps -aux | grep dlna. The conf file hasn’t be created either. I’m a bit confused, it’s probably something simple, but I can’t see what happen. Any ideas ?

Try with this,
create this file

and write inside it /lib/systemd/system/minidlna.service

[code][Unit]
Description=minidlna server
After=network.target
After=local-fs-pre.target

[Service]
Type=forking
User=root
ExecStart=/usr/bin/minidlnad -R -L -P /run/minidlna/minidlna.pid
PIDFile=/run/minidlna/minidlna.pid

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target[/code]

Then

sudo systemctl enable minidlna.service

Let me know

it seems to works ! now ps -aux|grep dlna send me back something ! however, I can’t find the minidlna .conf and therefore don’t know how to set the server. more pointers ?

Thanks, michelangelo!

If you’ve installed minidlna and followed the steps above, then minidlna.conf should be here:

/etc/minidlna.conf

You’ll need to change the default media directory to point to:

media_dir=/var/lib/mpd/music

Restart minidlna & navigate to http://volumio:8200/ to see if it’s working:

systemctl restart minidlna

thanks for your answer but it isn’t there. I tried find, but minidlna.conf seems to be nowhere. Should I create it from scratch ?

Try with

whereis minidlna.conf

I want to have the db on the external usb hd media/HDD/server but it always failed to write the files.db
It’s a permission problem which I can’t solve and asking for help how to manage this.

got some help somewhere else. solved.

This didn’t work for me to enable dlna. The only thing I can figure is that I should have created /lib/systemd/system/minidlna.service as root, e.g for permission purposes. Does that sound correct?

This didn’t work for me to enable dlna. The only thing I can figure is that I should have created /lib/systemd/system/minidlna.service as root, e.g for permission purposes. Does that sound correct?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I get>>
volumio@volumio:~$ sudo systemctl enable minidlna.service
Synchronizing state for minidlna.service with sysvinit using update
rc.d…
Executing /usr/sbin/update-rc.d minidlna defaults
Executing /usr/sbin/update-rc.d minidlna enable
Failed to execute operation: Bad message<<

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Please help me to install mini DLNA on version 2.323 volumio 2
Thanks

Hi mrhung751,

unfortunately the minidlna plugin is not available from the plugins management in the UI yet. In order to install it manually connect to Volumio via ssh and try the following:

1. Download the plugin from my GitHub repository
wget https://github.com/gvolt/volumio-minidlna-plugin/archive/master.zip -O minidlna.zip
  1. Unzip the plugin package (this will create a directory named volumio-minidlna-plugin-master)
miniunzip minidlna.zip
  1. Change into the directory with the unzipped files
cd volumio-minidlna-plugin-master
  1. Delete README.md and CHANGELOG.md
rm README.md CHANGELOG.md 
  1. Install the plugin
volumio plugin install