LMS plugin "ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED"

Hey guys,

I’m pretty new with Volumio, but as far I’ve seen of it, I really like it…!
I’m using an ALLO USBridge (with Sparky).
Volumio is on an MicroSD

Everything is running well but i’ve trouble with one Plugin (LMS).
I’ve installed Squeezelite plugin which is running fine and I’ve installed the LMS plugin to get a server on the ALLO.

I’m running a 2nd LMS on my laptop and using the squeezelite with no problem, but I can not access to the 1st LMS on the ALLO.
Plugin seems to run (green light in volumio) but when I want to access the console, I get an “ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED”
Uninstall and reinstall couple time already and no change

I really would like this server on the Allo :slight_smile: so if someone can help me… :slight_smile:
Thanks a lot

Niko

Can you reach the web interface at port 9000? Did you update in between? I’m seeing some errors after updating, but I’m not sure it’s actually related:

Nov 24 21:14:18 volumioboss volumio[834]: info: logitechmediaserver started Nov 24 21:14:18 volumioboss volumio[834]: info: Done. Nov 24 21:14:20 volumioboss squeezeboxserver[5182]: Your locale was detected as C, you may have problems with non-Latin filenames. Consider changing your LANG variable to the correct locale, i.e. en_US.utf8 Nov 24 21:14:20 volumioboss squeezeboxserver[5182]: dirsFor: Didn't find a match request: [scprefs] Nov 24 21:14:25 volumioboss squeezeboxserver[5182]: dirsFor: Didn't find a match request: [videos] Nov 24 21:14:25 volumioboss squeezeboxserver[5182]: dirsFor: Didn't find a match request: [pictures] Nov 24 21:14:25 volumioboss squeezeboxserver[5182]: mkdir /var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache: Permission denied at /usr/share/perl5/Slim/Utils/Prefs.pm line 770. Nov 24 21:14:25 volumioboss squeezeboxserver[5182]: [18-11-24 21:14:25.3545] main::init (388) Starting Logitech Media Server (v7.9.0, 1488878280, Wed Mar 8 14:18:44 UTC 2017) perl 5.020002 - arm-linux-gnueabihf-thread-multi-64int Nov 24 21:14:25 volumioboss squeezeboxserver[5182]: [18-11-24 21:14:25.3577] Slim::Utils::Prefs::init (279) Error: unable to write to preferences directory /var/lib/squeezeboxserver/prefs Nov 24 21:14:25 volumioboss squeezeboxserver[5182]: [18-11-24 21:14:25.4232] Slim::Utils::Prefs::Namespace::savenow (338) Error: can't save /var/lib/squeezeboxserver/prefs/server.prefs: Permission denied at /usr/share/perl5/Slim/Utils/Prefs/Namespace.pm line 327.

If you change the rights to 774 recursively for /var/lib/squeezeboxserver it should work (again). I’m not sure why the extra rights are needed now… Maybe something changed in the file system to harden security.

Hello,
thanks for your feedback
yes, I’m not able to reach the web interface at 9000 port.
No update in between, … I’ve downloaded the last Sparky version on the site, and flash it on a micro SD card :
version : 2.411 friday Jun 15 21:07:33

Can you explain a bit more how to change permission from 770 to 774 ?
commands line step by step…(I’m very new with Volumio…) :slight_smile:
Thanks a lot for your help!

Niko

Hi Niko,

These are not Volumio specific commands :wink: it’s just Linux commands, try:

sudo chmod 774 /var/lib/squeezeboxserver

I’m having the same problem, it seems.

I have an install of Volumio 2.502.

It doesn’t have any crazy customizations or anything.

I installed the LMS plugin, but when I use the supplied button under Settings, I get the same refused connection message.

Also gives that error when I manually type in the URL that should work.

I am pretty Linux savvy and I was able to SSH to the box, get a command line, and tried the permissions change you mentioned, but that didn’t fix the problem.

(I restarted the server, turning it on and off, from the Plugins page.)

I see entries in the log files showing that my attempt to turn it on resulted in it trying to turn on, but it isn’t running.

If I look at the process table, it doesn’t seem to be running.

Can you tell me where I should look for more clues as to what is going on?

Thanks for any help. I have a few Squeezeboxes and would love to be able to shut down the old system that is running the server and have them get data from Volumio instead.

Trying to help… Here’s the combined logfile dump thing.

logs.volumio.org/volumio/UjPlvG0.html

Looking at this, you’ll see me trying to turn LMS on and off a few times.

I was a bit surprised to see this line

Nov 29 03:20:34 volumio1 systemd[28329]: Failed at step EXEC spawning /usr/sbin/squeezeboxserver: No such file or directory

I looked in that directory and there is no file of that name.

I ran a “find” command and there isn’t an executable of that name anywhere.

Near as I can tell, LMS was never fully installed, or something, which is strange, as when I installed it, there was a LOT of fetching of dependencies and so on and so forth. It sure looked like it was doing something!

Anyhow any thoughts on how to proceed?

I will check if I can reproduce on a vanilla Volumio 2.502, but yes, if the executable doesn’t exists it means the installation failed (at some point, due to some reason).

Hi, the link to downloads.slimdevices.com/ is changed. The 7.9.1 doesn’t exists anymore. In Sayato’s install.sh script you have to change the links

if [ $cpu = "armv6l" ] || [ $cpu = "armv7l" ];
                then
                        wget -O /home/volumio/logitechmediaserver/logitechmediaserver_7.9.1_arm.deb http://downloads.slimdevices.com/nightly/7.9/sc/94b8f296107cac5803ba4b7e682133aaf75b6a73/logitechmediaserver_7.9.1~1518987734_arm.deb
                else
                        wget -O /home/volumio/logitechmediaserver/logitechmediaserver_7.9.1._all.deb http://downloads.slimdevices.com/nightly/7.9/sc/94b8f296107cac5803ba4b7e682133aaf75b6a73/logitechmediaserver_7.9.1~1518987734_all.deb
                fi

for example for armv7 you have to change the wget in this one

wget -O /home/volumio/logitechmediaserver/logitechmediaserver_7.9.2~1543258616_all.deb http://downloads.slimdevices.com/nightly/7.9/sc/035da986803908908cb46501efbca6c4d6e93db2/logitechmediaserver_7.9.2~1543258616_all.deb

If you have already installed the plugin you can also launch the wget by hand with the right package, comment in the install.sh script row 5-114-116

#if [ ! -f $INSTALLING ]; then ->row 5
#else -> row 114
#fi -> row 116

then launch install.sh

This is very detailed info, I will see if I can patch it tonight, it will take some time to have it updated in Volumio though.

Just created PR#282

Cool. I will admit that I’m not well versed enough in the ins and outs of Volumio to be able to implement the fix myself – I don’t know where I’d download that file by hand, or how to get it to install – so knowing that it’ll be fixed in a future version is great.

I promised my wife I’d get the Squeezeboxes working again by Christmas…

I can help you expedite this, since we’ve established LMS was effectively not installed, you can just run the new install.sh script.

Follow these commands:

1. Download the new script
wget -O install-lms.sh https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Saiyato/volumio-lms-plugin/master/install.sh
  1. Execute the script (fill in the passwd when prompted)
sudo sh install-lms.sh force

Note the “force” parameter, I just added this to fix your (and maybe others’) problems. Oh and it might take a while, just like the first start (building databases and what not). This parameter will skip the basic check whether or not the plugin was already installed. Looking at the script now I can think of many other improvements, but I’m working on something else I’d really like to release this year.

Have fun!

PS: just slipstreamed some extra fixes into the PR, because they are either necessary or too ugly not to fix :wink:

Hello,

I had the same problems as explained by NikoS. I have just followed the procedure described in the last post by Saiyato, but the plugin is not visible in the plugin administration page…

What should I do?

Thank in advance for any advice

I have tested a lot and resetted to factory defaults. After the strings mentioned above I have done the Plugin setup and it was working. Maybe because the archive was always 0 bytes in my situation.

BUT I have round about 220.000 Titles and it was not usable with a raspi 3, boot time was round about one hour …

Hi, thank you for your reply. Based on this, I just uninstalled the LMS using the appopriate button in the plugin administration screen. I noticed some error messages. I then reinstalled it from the same plugin administration screen. I noticed that a previously installed plugin (I do not remember which one) appeared then twice in the plugin administration panel. I then restarted the system (in my case, Raspberry + HIFIberry) and LMS re-appeard in the plugin administration panel. I activated it and restarted the system once again. I then tried to open the LMS console and, this time, it worked perfectly. I then went to “my music” to connect to my QOBUZ account and the QOBUZ logo appeared in the home screen. It is now fully functional. Alleluia.

That’s seems to be normal for every plugin activated so far … simply reload the page in your browser and it is fine …

Not working… LMS plugin…

LMS plugin not working is a known problem.
The fix is to reinstall it with modified script:
See post#12 in this thread.

Envoyé de mon Redmi 3S en utilisant Tapatalk

I always selected Volumio because of the friendly interface and usability… Study programming for this purpose - there is no time…

Where to enter the code???