LCD customization

Hello. I’m an another noob who’s buy a raspberry pi 3 and just started fun with volumio, everything works great. I succesfully installed an HD44780 Plugin from Saiyato, witch also works great. The main question is: How to customize display data on screen. Now i using edited setup from pattern2 : Artist - Title in first row and the second is “>” when music playing or “[” when stops, next is play time and last is bitrate.
Now it is possible to:

• change “>” and “[” characters to other from display front table?
  • add a string or display a file format (MP3 or FLAC) when MP3 or FLAC is playing?
  • text scrool speed increase? In default is 10 but i think it could be a litle bit faster for me (on 1 or on 10 settings the scrool time is the same).
    Which file i need to edit and how to do this?

Im using a OLED 16x2 display with I2C converter on back.

Hey,

I don’t have access to the Pi’s right now, but I think the config files you are looking for are:

1. /etc/LCDd.conf
  2. /etc/mpdlcd.conf

Hi Hopek1986,

I also have a I2C backpack and a 2x20 VFD connected to it but i do have troubles on how to connect to the PI. Could you post a diagram or image which pins of the backpack are to connect to which pins of the PI ?

Also i would like to connect a button matrix to set radio stations or playlist directly without having to use a browser - but i think for that a plugin would be required…

Thank you in advance.

Best Regards
Josef

Here is a GPIO layout.

SCL (pin 3) and SDA (pin 5) need to be connected to backpack and supply for Your VFD should be connected also via 2 pin (+5V) and 6 pin (Ground) if display supply is 5V. In my case i need to set the default address for a backpack (0x27) in Volumio settings and Driver Connection Type should be set to “i2c” and LCD runs almost ok :slight_smile: Check the datasheet for current of Your display…

Hi i only need IP Adress, Kbit/s an MP3/Flac.

Can you help me im really newbie.

THx.

Try to install other software such as pydpiper. In my case it was easier to configure, but I spent a few hours on it to get to know it.
Now it looks like this:

Hi Hopek1986,

I also installed pydpiper to drive my HD44780 VFD. It took me hours to find and understand the configuration as well.

In the end i modified the config to my needs in /home/volumio/pydpiper.

It is now working anyhow with the default config as soon as i switch to docker mode (but it’s not my config)
If i switch to the other (local) mode it doesn’t start at all , hmm.

Could you explain how you got it running ? This would be great.
Are you running in docker mode ? How do i get the config into the container ?

Thank you in advance.

Josef

Unfortunately I’m newby in linux so i do this easiest way i know. I was trying to install a pydpiper with guide located on pydpiper installation directory ( cd /home/volumio/pydPiper-0.3-alpha/). If its done i’m edit step by step with default configuration for “pages_lcd_16x2.py” and when it start running i’m simply edit and restart service to see changes on this file to my preferences and all works. How to check that it work with docker mode? :smiley: