Kodi Plugin uninstall error

I have installed the Kodi plugin some weeks ago and it did not work for me. So I tried to uninstall it, but got always an error:

I switched off all posibilities in Kodi settings, but it didn’t help. A new install doesn’t work because plugin is already installed. I uninstalled all other plugins (LMS, Squeezelite, Spotify, Spotify Connect 2, Youtobe), but nothing changed.

Can you help me please?

Hi,

Which version are you using and on which platform? I’m not experiencing this issue on my Pi3, so I need to know on which platform to test.

It is Volumio 2.348 on Pi3B. Installed plugins are Spotify, Spotify Connect2 Exp, LMS, Sqeezelite, YouTube, BackupRestore and Kodi Krypton. Everything works fine except Kodi, which resists all uninstalling efforts.
Next step would be to set it up from the scratch and then restore a backup I made yesterday. But it would be nice just to uninstall Kodi.

Hi qrumba,

I had the same issue and solved it this way:

scp to your Volumio ( i use WinSCP) and delete the kodi folder in /data/plugins/miscellanea.
Then reboot the PI - after that you’re able to run another installation of the plugin

This also works with other stucked plugins

-Josef

Hi Josef,
thanks a lot, it worked. Kodi plugin is gone now.
So I can start a second try with Kodi on Volumio!

Hi again,
I tried a second install of Kodi but got an error:

What can I do now (forget about Kodi) ? :frowning: :confused:

I found out two other Kodi folders:

/home/Kodi (containing two log files)

/data/configuration/miscellanea/Kodi (containing a Cofiguration folder and a config.json file)

Have I to delete them all?

Which version of the zipfile of Kodi are you using? There have been some patches lately.

install.sh and package.json are from 20171219.

Should be the correct version, very strange… I just tested that version again. Installation was good, took a while, but succeeded and uninstall too this also took a while.

Hi qrumba,

I maintain about 30 Volumio installations and therefore did a lot of the Kodi plugin setups.

What i can say is - repeat deleting the mentioned kodi folder as often as necessary and retry the setup.
It seems it downloads something that isn’t reliably available all the time.
I also had the case that on one day there was no chance to get it running and the next day the setup was o.k. on my first try.

Would be nice if the uninstall routine would also work if the setup was not successful.

Thank you Sajato for this great plugin. Do you think the uninstaller could be improved to uninstall - and if not possible just delete the mentionioned folder.
Where can one find the setup log ?

@qrumba: don’t give up - it will work this way. You don’t need to delete the other folders. It also works with other plugins.

-Josef

Hi there,

Thanks for the support! :slight_smile:
I can imagine the repo not being stable, since it’s a custom repo. I’ll try to add some logic to the uninstall script to make sure deleting the plugin will always succeed.

I’ll have to get back to you about this.

If I run the uninstall script without installing Kodi first, I don’t get any errors:

[code]volumio@volumiolcd:~$ cat test.sh
#!/bin/bash
echo “Uninstalling Kodi configs”

Remove policies

rm /etc/udev/rules.d/99-input.rules
rm /etc/udev/rules.d/10-permissions.rules
rm /etc/ld.so.conf.d/00-vmcs.conf
rm /etc/polkit-1/localauthority/50-local.d/50-kodi-actions.pkla
ldconfig

Update the GPU memory

CONFIG="/boot/config.txt"
echo “Updating GPU memory back to 16MB…”
sed -i – ‘s|.gpu_mem.|gpu_mem=16|g’ $CONFIG

Remove the systemd unit

rm /etc/systemd/system/kodi.service
systemctl daemon-reload
apt-get purge --auto-remove gdb kodi --yes

The end…

echo “pluginuninstallend”
volumio@volumiolcd:~$ sudo sh test.sh
Uninstalling Kodi configs
rm: cannot remove ‘/etc/udev/rules.d/99-input.rules’: No such file or directory
rm: cannot remove ‘/etc/udev/rules.d/10-permissions.rules’: No such file or directory
rm: cannot remove ‘/etc/ld.so.conf.d/00-vmcs.conf’: No such file or directory
rm: cannot remove ‘/etc/polkit-1/localauthority/50-local.d/50-kodi-actions.pkla’: No such file or directory
Updating GPU memory back to 16MB…
sed: no input files
rm: cannot remove ‘/etc/systemd/system/kodi.service’: No such file or directory
rm: cannot remove ‘systemctl’: No such file or directory
rm: cannot remove ‘daemon-reload’: No such file or directory
Reading package lists… Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information… Done
E: Unable to locate package gdb
E: Unable to locate package kodi
pluginuninstallend
volumio@volumiolcd:~$
[/code]

Which means it’s not really in the script, but maybe some compatibility issue when running the script through Volumio.

But I’ll keep testing…

Just now I tried to install Kodi again and it worked. I restarted Volumio and uninstalled Kodi immediatly and it worked.
/data/plugins/miscellanea is gone, but /home/kodi and /data/configuration/miscellanea/Kodi arer still there (owned by kodi and therefore not deleteable by user volumio).

Awesome that you managed to get it working, I trust it was due to unavailability of the repo that you didn’t succeed earlier.

The uninstall issues has been confirmed; I’ve created issue 16 for the matter.

Very good!
Thank you for your help and everything!!!

Hi to All

I am trying to get this to work on my Odroid c2 running latest volumio… but installation always ending with error’s

is there a way to get this working … or never on a odroid…

best rgeards…

I don’t own an Odroid, so if it’s not running on the same ARM processor you need to find a ppa which supports odroid for installation.
The current ppa only supports the ARM versions for Raspberry Pi afaik.

Hi

Uhm no odroid C2 run a diffrent arm cpu… s905x if i m right…
now the plugin was installed and looked okay… but i could not get kodi installed… at the end i had een error code 1 and saw disk full… but that
isnt posseble ( 32GB ) clean volumio2 install…