Kali Lock/Empty toggle ?

Hi, I am trying to make my PI3+Volumio (2.555) work with a dual-mono PCM1794A DAC + KALI. My first problem is, no matter the DAC type I select in configuration pages, my Kali continuously flips Lock/Empty LED. If I change bitrate/bit depth Kali LEDs change accordingly. In this situation my converter doesn’t work (I guess it’s correct, it hat to be feed with a continuous bit stream).
I have tried with

#dtoverlay=rpi-dac
dtoverlay=hifiberry-dac
#dtoverlay=applepi-dac
#dtoverlay=allo-boss-dac-pcm512x-audio

Is there any configuration trick/kernel/driver patch I need to apply in order to have my Kali correctly interfaced with Volumio ?
Thanks,

I assume, this is no Hat Dac, so probably a kind of generic i2s dac that does split the signal itself for both the DAC chips.
If so I would try a generic Dac configuration from the list.

Hm this is my only idea so far.

Gesendet von meinem SM-A310F mit Tapatalk

Yes, you’re right, hw is quite identical to Dual-Mono DAC (tjaekel.com/T-DAC/raspi_dual.html). When you select “generic I2S DAC” from Volumio configuration, it takes HiFiBerry parameter (which I tried in the first place) as you can desume from days.json file

“id”:“generic-dac”,“name”:“Generic I2S DAC”,“overlay”:“hifiberry-dac”,“alsanum”:“1”,“mixer”:"",“modules”:"",“script”:"",“needsreboot”:“yes”

Still stucked and trying…

Addendum
If I select “resample to 192KHz” option, my Kali switches to 192(LED lights on), and toggle between EMPTY/LOCK LEDs goes faster…indeed they are trying to communicate… :unamused:

maybe you should put it on R-PI DAC because the same problem (audio gd nfb1 2015) occurs with me. it is always worth a try.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nokia 6.1 met Tapatalk

Hi, I tried many devices, including rpi-dac, unfortunately with no luck

If I play a wav with aplay, I see a quick blink of “FULL” LED, then LOCK LED switches off and EMPTY LED on…again and again
mmmmh…

Anyway, brand of DAC connected downstream of KALI should not be important as long as data communication is unidirectional (KALI->DAC) ?

Another idea: In my eyes one has to select a slave Dac, like Allo Piano. In this case RPI does not expect clocking signal, as it does with master Dacs. Yes, I would try Allo Piano setup.

Cheers

Gesendet von meinem SM-A310F mit Tapatalk

SOLVED: rpi-dac + disable analog audio did the trick. Thank you for hints.