June Volumio update not sticking

I have twice now done a check for new version, found v2.411 and then applied it. The progress bar looks normal up to finalizing the update and then wants a restart. After restarting, I am still on the March version 2.389. I know it’s done something as my customised config.txt settings are gone.

Any ideas?

Thought: I installed volspotconnect from GitHub. Could this be preventing the update?

Whenever you do custom mods to the system, the updates are not consistent.
Do a delete user data (it will do exactly that…) then update again…

Thanks @michelangelo, I will try that and report back.

Tried deleting user data, then deleted volspotconnect plug-in, then performed a factory reset. It would not update. Ended up with an unresponsive Pi.

I re-imaged the SD card.

I have the same on my 3B+, from 2.411 to 2.413.
Specifics: Wifi connection, Allo Digione and Spotify addin.

Yes, my v2.411 won’t update to v2.413. Same problem again. I’m leaving it for now but a complete rebuild from burning the SD card is fairly painful each time.

Quite strange.
Can you please send a log just after update has completed (don’t reboot).
This will help a lot

Sure. Where will I find the log you need?

Thank you Martin,
please see here:
volumio.github.io/docs/User_Man … oting.html

Update performed and log file sent. This is the link logs.volumio.org/volumio/8swCkzB.html

Update from 2.411 to 2.413. Appears to succeed but still on 2.411 after restart.

Allo DigiOne with I2S playback. volspotconnect Spotify plug-in by Balbuze installed from GitHub.

Anything seen which can explain it?

The same thing has happened again trying to update from 2.413 to 2.444. Even a Factory Reset will not help the situation, it refuses to update thereafter.

Unless anyone knows differently, it seems that the volspotconnect plug-in (manually installed) causes a problem with the Volumio OS that prevents it from ever updating.

I’ve given up and am using the built-in Spotify Connect plug-in now.