iOS Spotify connect issue

Hello all !

I’m running some troubles with spotify connect, since the latest iOs Spotify update…

On my 2 PIs running volumio & Volspotconnect from Balbuze, i can’t stream using Spotify connect. It’s still ok from the computer app, but as soon as i try to “sync” using iOS app, it disconnects.

Does one of you expirements the same ?

Thanks !

have you updated with the last version in my repo ?
https://github.com/balbuze/volumio-plugins/raw/master/plugins/music_service/volspotconnect2/volspotconnect2.zip

Thanks for your reply Balbuze.

I did not : the install trying using ssh failed. Maybe would be better to wait for the “official” update from Volumio ?

via ssh do :

wget https://github.com/balbuze/volumio-plugins/raw/master/plugins/music_service/volspotconnect2/volspotconnect2.zip mkdir ./volspotconnect2 miniunzip volspotconnect2.zip -d ./volspotconnect2 cd ./volspotconnect2 volumio plugin install

Much much better ! :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Thanks for helping with this, and thanks a lot for your great work with this nice plugin !

S.

I don’t want to bother you, but i noticed that there’s not the same behaviour between my different PIs : the Spotify Connect “sync” works smoothly on the one running iQuaudio DAC, while the one running a Kali reclocker lost the sync, stops playing, etc… :unamused:

-EDIT-

I do confirm : i simply removed the Kali, and i worked fine now !! I really don’t understand why this…

I’ll test on my spark kali piano2.1. But it was working yesterday…

Hi Balbuze,
Thanks for correcting the pause/play problem in spotifyconnect v2.
In the earlier version of this plugin - there is an option for user to choose stream quality.
Is the stream quality - “high” by default now?

Thanks

Hello,

I want to install this Plugin but I don't have the "Upload Plugin" tab in my version. Do I need a different version? 

Cheers

My setup:
-Pi 3 B
-Hifiberry Digi+Pro

You have to install via ssh. Have a look in post above…

I also had this problem, and looks to be resolved by steps above.

Is the volspotconnect2 plugin that is displayed in the volumio plugins page broken?

Not broken but the first step is to provide a “test” version to be sure all is fine, and then update the “official” plugin page.
The new version will be updated soon… :wink:

Strange thing is that same version worked initially and was displaying metadata from spotify in volumio web UI (which is a great feature), though wasn’t connecting from Android spotify. The version you linked to isn’t doing that.

Whenever it stops working I think Spotify have finally killed it off, like they’re doing to other connect services.

Anyway thanks for the continued work on this, it is greatly appreciated.

Steve

Sorry, but I don’t understand what is not working for you…
The offical plugin stops to work, due to a change in Spotify.
We made a new version that should solve this, and brings some improvement. This version is available in my repo for testing, and will be deployed as an official plugin update. The pull request is sent, it will happen soon !
:wink:

When I first updated to the current volspotconnect2 on volumio plugins page (dated 18-02-2018) I recall I was getting the current playing song from Spotify connect displayed in the Volumio UI. It had the image and metadata. This hadn’t happened before this version, and is not happening with the test version either.

One thing I am wondering is if the UI metadata was actually unrelated to volspotconnect2 and was working because I also had the other Spotify plugin installed. I recently uninstalled the main spotify plugin to ensure it wasn’t conflicting with volspotconnect2.

This worked beautifully. Thank you so much!

Fixed for me too - thanks for keeping on top of this! The sneaky buggers