IOM is here!

Hello,

My project is not a DIY-project but a ‘let-me-do-it-for-you-project’. Please let me explain:

One and a half year ago I started to develop a ready to use audio player solution (platform), just for fun. The first idea was to use an Odroid board because these boards where at that moment much faster than the Raspberry Pi. Today this isn’t an issue anymore. But I stepped over to Raspberry Pi anyway because I really preferred an I2s audio output which was not on the Odroid @ that moment but was availlable on the Raspberry Pi.

For the amplifier I had chosen a Hypex amplifier based on very positive feedback on audio websites. For me the Hypex fits also perfectly in my platform because it has an onboard powersupply which can feed the Raspberry Pi also. Next to this it has a high quality audio output, is compact and is high efficient so no noisy fan is needed.

For the DAC first I had choses for the HiFiberry+ DAC but this DAC did not fit perfect in my platform because the Hypex needs a balanced input signal. So I developed my own DAC based on the same chipset (PCM5122) but now with an integrated double audio line driver.

The total development (also with housing) was very time consuming next to my ‘normal’ job so I took a few months sabbatical to work it out. Now I think I am ready! I sold a few products and the feedback was very positive till now. My website is online for a few weeks and I would like to get some feedback about the product and find out if there is any interest. Thanks.

You can find it on: http://www.internetofmusic.nl

Interesting- could you please check the link? Seems it doesn’t work…

Thanks for your interest.
There were some small issues on the website we had to solve, possibly this was the reason. Can you pls. retry the link? Thanks.

The site works now. Thanks!
Could you please share power supply details?

Glad it works.

I like to answer your power-related question because this is a very interesting feature of the amplifier board of the IOM1. This amplifier board, a Hypex amplifier, has an onboard SMPS (switched mode power supply) with next to the outlet for the amplifier itselves also a +5V outlet for the Raspberry Pi and +17V & -17V outlets for the balanced line amplifier. The DAC has it’s own low noise/low ripple powersupply (3V3) mounted on the PCB-board.

In this way everything can be designed very compact. You only have to plug in a 230V power cable.

Is this the answer you were looking for?

Yes - Thanks a lot!
I wish you all the best with your product!