Introduction and a Blog Post

Hey Volumios (Volumians?),

I’m Rob, and I have just setup an installation of Volumio running on a Raspberry Pi 3B with a Hifiberry Amp2. I blogged about my setup and first experiences with the hardware and OS over here: http://robcee.net/2018/hifiberry-amp-2-vintage-koss-speakers-and-volumio/.

So far I’m really impressed with the sound quality and web interface of Volumio. I’m still learning my way around and troubleshooting a couple of issues, like UPnP/Airplay streaming to Volumio which seems to be throwing errors (maybe ALSA-related?). I did just manage to select it as a UPnP endpoint from my laptop running Audirvana+ and that seemed to work so my previous attempts must have been an Airplay issue.

Anyway, I’m hoping to be a good citizen and file bugs and submit pull requests for issues I find. Thanks for a great sounding software bundle!

Hi Rob
Great to have you aboard, hope we see more of you than the blog publication. :laughing:

hey, thanks!

and yeah, sorry for the blatant promo, but I figured some of the setup pains I had were worth capturing and might be of interest to devs here. I do plan on filing bugs for them and digging deeper.