Include a volume setting for alarms

The alarm setting is great, but there is always the risk, if the volume hasn’t been restored to an alarm-appropriate level the night before, of either having it too soft to get the job done, or loud enough to wake the dead (AHHH - zombies!). A significant enhancement to this already excellent feature would be an optional volume setting associated with the alarm. Then the previous evening’s volume would be irrelevant. This could either be implemented as a per-alarm setting on the alarm set-up page or, or as a global alarm volume (on playback options perhaps?). This feature when combined with a day-of-week setting for each alarm (separate post) would make the alarm system pretty much perfect.

Thanks for the great work!

+1 that would be great

+1, would really like to see volume per alarm setting for the same reasons listed in the original post.

Hi,

I just hacked fireAlarm function in the /volumio/app/plugins/miscellanea/alarm-clock/index,js to set the volume to 22 just before running the alarm play list and it works:

AlarmClock.prototype.fireAlarm = function(alarm) {
var self = this;

•    self.commandRouter.volumiosetvolume(22);
      self.commandRouter.playPlaylist(alarm.playlist);

}

But can anybody give hints how to implement it properly, as suggested - per alarm volume level? I could contribute back the code, if I get a basic help on volumio’s design.

Kind regards,
Anton