Use the arrow key to find the end the line

arm_freq=800
sdram_freq=400
core_freq=400
gpu_freq=300
over_voltage=-4
over_voltage_sdram=-4

Save then reboot

Under/Over clocking as well as Under/Over voltage settings are nothing new to computer audio for ARM as well as x86 computers. Archimago struck a good balance with the RPi so they were used with this…however more extreme settings can also give good results.

See Archimago’s blog here: archimago.blogspot.com/2017/01/m … s-usb.html

Enjoy!

Hi Dynobot.
your improvement guide’s sounds great, but may seemed not really trustworthy to me because there are no specific information to the RPI.
is the guide for all RPI’s the same? (2,3, zero, zero w, …)
If they are really improvements, why not put them into the next build?
greetings, judydudi

hi dynabot,
are these setting your own, already checked by you? So, do you feel a difference?
Are the settings taken from the web, so a source link would be fine.
thank you. judydudi

LOL, this reminds me of just the other day I offered to a coworker to try Fedora Linux on an old PC he had.

I don’t think it’s the same at all.

1. Are you sure it’s /boot/cmdline.txt that you want to edit, and not /boot/config.txt ?
  2. These instructions look a lot like the ones given by Archimago. He, at least, offers his rationale for each of the settings he suggests modifying. “Improve Rpi hardware performance” isn’t meaningful, unless you spell out what the word “improve” means.

Thank you prof. The link gives me information to understand, follow the point.

I tried the Archimago link sometime ago. It is fine to play pcm (not really noticed any SQ improvement tbh) and getting drop outs on DsD.

Not surprising.

The whole point of Archimago’s modifications is (contra the original poster’s characterization) to decrease the “performance” of the Rpi (thereby decreasing the power consumption and — possibly — the noise). If you’re using the BruteFIR plugin, or processing DSD audio (or anything else processor-intensive), decreasing the performance of the Rpi is the last thing you’d want to do.

I added a little user friendliness to this to be able to turn this setting off and on easily.

Navigate to

sudo nano ~/.bashrc

Scroll to bottom and paste this code

[code]# CRAAP Tweak
craap_button=0
config_file=/boot/config.txt
underclock_craap () {
sudo printf ‘%s\n’ “”"" “arm_freq=800” “sdram_freq=400”
“core_freq=400” “gpu_freq=300” “ver_voltage=-4” “over_voltage_sdram=-4” >> $config_file
}

craap_off () {
if [$craap_button=0 ]; then
echo -----CRAAP Settings are alreaded disabled-----
elif [ $craap_button=1 ];then
sudo sed -i ‘/arm_freq=800/,/^$/d’ $config_file
sudo sed -i ‘/^$/d’ $config_file
craap_button=0
echo -----CRAAP Settings Disabled-----
fi
}

craap_on () {
if [ $craap_button==1 ]; then
echo -----CRAAP Settings are already enabled-----
elif [ $craap_button==0 ]; then
underclock_craap
craap_button=1
echo -----CRAAP Settings Enabled-----
fi
}[/code]

CTRL + X to save; Y to confirm, ENTER to exit

Reload

. ~/.profile

Now you can turn on these settings by typing in “craap_on” or disabling with “craap_off”.