How to export/save Playlist?

Hallo,
I’m doing 4 playlists for sons, and friends to let them know about my favourite artists. I’ve got a huge database of music, all classified with access.
I use Volumio/playlists and, after that, I’d like to build a folder of mp3 for each one.

My question is: how to save the playsts? I’ve been working a lot and I wouldn’t lose it.

Thanks to all,
Enzo

Hi Enzo,

there are two ways to save user data:
volumio-plugins-collection-t6251-10.html#p35173
quick-dirty-volumio-data-configuration-backup-with-tar-t6521.html

Cheers
Pirx

1 Like

Thanks but,
I’ve tried the "plug in " way. The result is: “Back up & Restore plug in: error”

The second way, is beyond my abilities.

Other suggestion?
Thanks

Can you send a log file so we can see what the problem is with the plugin please?

If you know how to ssh into your device, then you will find the playlists are stored in:

/data/playlist

How to send a bug report
Navigate to yourvolumioip/dev

I’ve tried: both give me: “impossible to reach the site”
Now I’ve connected the SD to my windows PC, can I do something?
Simply openinig the SD I can’t find anything
SOrry, more than this I can’t
Thanks

Substitute your actual device IP address for volumio.local eg. 192.168.1.150/dev

If you have removed the sd card from the device & got it in a reader, you should be able to find your playlists under:

volumio_data
dyn
data
playlist

I’ve inserted the SD card into windows.
I can see
Cattura.PNG
Cattura1.PNG
Cattura2.PNG

Nothing to do with
Substitute your actual device IP address for volumio.local eg. 192.168.1.150/dev
I can’t do it. Probably for me, all to much.
Thanks

Sorry, I forgot Windows can’t read Linux filesystems. There may well be Windows programs that enable this, but I don’t know without looking (I don’t use Windows much).

So, if you don’t have access to a linux PC, then your only choices come to:

(1) learn how to ssh in to your device (but you say you can’t),
(2) send us a log so we can see why the backup plugin isn’t working … simply go to your device in the normal way, and add “/dev” to the end of the URL that you use.

Edit: I can confirm that this works, but use at your own risk.

DOne,
I’ve installed lubuntu on an old laptop, foud the playslists and copied on a usb.
If something shuold go wrong, do I have to copy again on volumio_data
dyn
data
playlist[/quote
Right?

yep, if you have copies of all the files in ‘playlist’, then you’re fine. Glad you got it sorted Enzo :slight_smile: