how can remove "Chromium didn't shut down correctly"

Get help for Volumio here!

Ads helps Volumio remain Free and Open Source. Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Postby euijin1395 » Tue Jan 02 2018 03:17

Hi all,

this is my setup :
Raspberry P3 model B
16 GB Samsung Evo plus SD
waveshare 4 inch Capacitive Touch Screen 800 x 480 HDMI TFT LCD
volumio-2.344-2017-12-16-pi.img

When switch off by power, "Chromium didn't shut down correctly" massage display on the screen.
How can do not working it?
if i modify the volumiokiosk.sh file, "Chromium can not be run as root." massage box happen.
Random avatar
euijin1395
Fresh off the boat
Fresh off the boat

Ads helps Volumio remain Free and Open Source. Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Postby AndrewHeard » Tue Jan 02 2018 06:41

Happens on 25% of boots for me too. RPi3 is always correctly shutdown via volumio > settings > SHUTDOWN > Power Off. Doesn't seem to cause problems, just a noisy messagebox.
Random avatar
AndrewHeard
Serious Listener
Serious Listener

Postby Randy » Sat Mar 03 2018 02:08

Greetings,
Posted this under another topic before I saw this message. Sorry for the double post, but it fits here better.

I was getting the "Chromium didn't shut down correctly" message at startup, too. It is coming from the "exit_type" and "exited_cleanly" fields within Chromium's Preferences file. It is located in "/data/volumiokiosk/Default".

Had seen post elsewhere that said to use sed in a startup script to change "exit_type": "Crashed" to"exit_type": "None" and "exited_cleanly": false to "exited_cleanly": true. This would not work for me for some reason I can't figure out.

However, simply deleting the Preferences file does the trick. If Chromium does not find the file it will create a new one with the default values.

Rather than create a new startup script, I modified "volumiokiosk.sh" in "/opt" by placing "rm /data/volumiokiosk/Default/Preferences" after the line "xset 0 0 120" and before "open-sission &". See below.

#!/bin/bash
xset +dpms
xset s blank
xset 0 0 120
rm /data/volumiokiosk/Default/Preferences
openbox-session &

while true; do
/usr/bin/chromium-browser \\
--disable-pinch \\
--kiosk \\
--no-first-run \\
--disable-3d-apis \\
--disable-breakpad \\
--disable-crash-reporter \\
--disable-infobars \\
--disable-session-crashed-bubble \\
--disable-translate \\Greetings,
I was getting the "Chromium didn't shut down correctly" message at startup, too. It is coming from the "exit_type" and "exited_cleanly" fields within Chromium's Preferences file. It is located in "/data/volumiokiosk/Default".

Had seen post elsewhere that said to use sed in a startup script to change "exit_type": "Crashed" to"exit_type": "None" and "exited_cleanly": false to "exited_cleanly": true. This would not work for me for some reason I can't figure out.

However, simply deleting the Preferences file does the trick. If Chromium does not find the file it will create a new one with the default values.

Rather than create a new startup script, I modified "volumiokiosk.sh" in "/opt" by placing "rm /data/volumiokiosk/Default/Preferences" after the line "xset 0 0 120" and before "open-sission &". See below.

#!/bin/bash
xset +dpms
xset s blank
xset 0 0 120
rm /data/volumiokiosk/Default/Preferences
openbox-session &

while true; do
/usr/bin/chromium-browser \\
--disable-pinch \\
--kiosk \\
--no-first-run \\
--disable-3d-apis \\
--disable-breakpad \\
--disable-crash-reporter \\
--disable-infobars \\
--disable-session-crashed-bubble \\
--disable-translate \\
--user-data-dir='/data/volumiokiosk' \
--no-sandbox \
http://localhost:3000
done

I was also having an issue with the album covers not changing while being stuck on one cover. This turned out to be an issue with Chromium not flushing the cache. Adding "rm /data/volumiokiosk/Default/Cache/*" in the same place corrected this issue.
--user-data-dir='/data/volumiokiosk' \
--no-sandbox \
http://localhost:3000
done

I was also having an issue with the album covers not changing while being stuck on one cover. This turned out to be an issue with Chromium not flushing the cache. Adding "rm /data/volumiokiosk/Default/Cache/*" in the same place corrected this issue.
Random avatar
Randy
Sunday DIYer
Sunday DIYer

Return to Help