No HDMI audio on Pi 3

Hello together,

I am sorry that my first post is a question/bug report.

Volumio 2.348 on a Pi 3 doesn’t plays sound over HDMI when the Pi is powered on together with my Marantz NR1604 AVR.
After a reboot Volumio plays fine over HDMI.
HDMI Audio is set in options of the webinterface and /boot/config.txt contains hdmi_force_hotplug=1
Even the shell command sudo amixer cset numid=3 2 doesn’t help.

I’ve installed Berryboot (berryboot-20170527-pi2-pi3) on the Pi and Volumio is set as default boot option with 10 seconds delay

Any idea how to solve this?

Thank you very much.

I’m unfamiliar with using the HDMI output with Volumio, but I did note that someone fairly recently reported that setting ‘hdmi_drive=2’ as well as the hotplug setting in ‘config.txt’ worked for them.

I am sorry for the late reply. Because of frequent travelling in the recent moths I was unable to fiddle around with my Pi.

I’ve added the hdmi_drive=2 parameter to config.txt and will come back to post the results.

Thank you very much for the hint.

Even hdmi_drive=2 haven’t solved this issue.

The next step will bei the removal of the berryboot bootloader to make sure that berryboot won’t be the root cause.

Further suggestions how to fix this issue are higly apprectiated.

pls post berryboot-related topics in berryboot guide thread, as it is not supported elsewhere.
Note if you follow that guide, HDMI output should work just fine (that’s what I’m using).