Handling of cue-sheets and album artwork

Hello,

I am new to this forum, and my son has just installed Volumio on a Raspberry Pi 3, and I was really impressed with the interface. I am planning to buy a high quality USB transport (e.g. Allo USBridge) to use for my music playback.

I have a large music collection, and I have ripped all my CD’s/SACD’s/etc. in the following way:

Artist - Album Name.wav
Artist - Album Name.cue
Artist - Album Name.jpg

All music is on folders A…Z and for each Artist I have a subfolder with the Artist name. In each Artist folder I have all albums of that artist in the same folder (no subfolder for each album) with the above nomenclature. Each CD is in one large WAV file (or DFF for SACD) and not split into individual tracks.

In Volumio, it shows under each Artist folder first all the WAV files of the complete albums and then the cue-sheet content for each album with the individual tracks. It works well to select individual tracks, but it bothers me that I have all the WAV files for the complete albums also displayed, since - if I am using cue-sheets, I would prefer to see only the cue-sheet content for each album. For some artists, I might have up to 50 or more albums.

Is it possible to introduce an optional switch where one can select to hide the WAV/DFF files if a cue-sheet with the same name is in the same folder? That would be awesome! Not sure how difficult it would be to implement this.

In addition, I also noticed that for each album (either complete WAV file or the cue-sheet content), it displays the same album art, the first JPG file in alphabetical order in that folder. Would it be possible to make it an option to use the JPG file with the same file name as the WAV file / CUE file as the album artwork? I have taken great care to find the correct album artwork for each CD and the internet database album art is often not the correct one. I know it works (I think) that it uses the file “folder.jpg” as the album artwork within any given folder, but with multiple albums in the same folder, that obviously does not work. Would be awesome to have that implemented as well.

And one additional thing I have noticed, if I select a track from the cue-sheet, it adds this track to the current playlist (which also can be stored), but it is not possible to add individual tracks from a cue-sheet without actually playing them. It would be very nice if that function would be possible.

All in all, it is an awesome software, and I really liked the black and white record store background (especially since I have a large vinyl collection also which I have recorded in 24/96 and have on my HDD).

It would be great to hear back about this topic on this forum.

All the best,
Roland