GeekPi 5" capacitive touch screen

I can confirm that the above screen works fine with volumio in my set-up if you follow their instructions on their site (also known as 52Pi screen). I was using a Justboom amp zero on a Pi zero W, but that combination didn’t have enough power on the Pi to power the screen and was sluggish. I ended up going with a Pi3B and the hifiberry Amp2 which provides plenty of power. My power supply is a 15V 4.3A which is readily available.

Hi Volumio users!

I’m setting up my brand new audio box with following parts:
-Raspberry Pi 3 B+
-HiFiBerry Amp2
-GeekPi 5" Capacitive Touch Screen (800x480)
-a power supply from laptop: 19V 4.74A (90W)
-latest Volumio distrib (2.389 from 26-03-2018)

The audio setting is set to “HiFiBerry Dac Plus” and the sound is very pleasant :slight_smile:
I’ve installed the “Touch Display Plugin” and update the “config.txt” from /boot dir as explained.
The display is working well.

My issue: the touch (input) from the screen doesn’t work at all: the pointer stay in the middle of the screen with no way to move it.

Do you think the issue is related to the version of RPI ?
Is the Touch Display plugin" supported by PI 3B (as Andy) but not by PI 3B+??

If so, any other way to make it works ???

I’ve solved my issue thanks to support of the screen reseller (52pi.com), they answered me by email quickly :wink:

In fact, quick and simple solution: replacing my usb cable (power only) by another usb cable featuring power & data transfer.

Might be obvious when you know it or have already faced similar case…hope it helps somebody in the same situation :wink: