Flac files play too fast after latest update

Hi all,

I’ve got a few Flac files that I play regularly, but since the latest update to 2.246 those files are played faster. Although quite interesting I’d rather play at the normal speed!

Further info:
Raspberry Pi 2B
Hifiberry Digi+ using te coaxial connection
Volumio 2.246
Sample format : 44.100 Hz; 16 Bit; Stereo

Any clues as to how to solve this issue?

Thanks!

It could be related to the new kernel. We got similar results also with Allo DigiOne.
Can you try to update to latest dev release and see if that fixes it?

volumio.github.io/docs/User_Man … dates.html

Ok, have to correct a little here. I only tested the FLAC files previously, but basically everything is playing double speed currently!

FLAC files, MP3’s and balbuze’s spotify connect plugin.

I will be trying the beta release now. Curious whether it is the new kernel since it’s the version released in juli already…

Update: Updating to the test build (2.277) did not solve the issue. Plus I notice that any output change requires a full system restart? This was not the case previously right? Plus the startup sound is missing. I’ll be creating another image to check what happens.

Created a new regular image, same issue, updated to 2.2.77 and again the same issue. I’ve tried to switch to the headphone jack to determine whether the Digi+ would be the issue, but then an ALSA error pops up and the file won’t play.

Some questions:

• Which bitrate\bitdepth are you playing?
  • Are you using software volume? If yes, switching to none, helps?
  • Can you try to remove audio_pwm_mode=2 from /boot/config.txt
  • Can you post the content of your /boot/config.txt ?
  • Which bitrate\bitdepth are you playing? – 44.1, 24 bit
  • Are you using software volume? If yes, switching to none, helps? – I’m not using software volume (why would I?)
  • Can you try to remove audio_pwm_mode=2 from /boot/config.txt – Have to leave… I’ll update once I’ve been able to test.
  • Can you post the content of your /boot/config.txt ?

[code]initramfs volumio.initrd
gpu_mem=16
max_usb_current=1
dtparam=audio=on
audio_pwm_mode=2
dtparam=i2c_arm=on
disable_splash=1
\n

Volumio i2s setting below: do not alter

dtoverlay=hifiberry-digi[/code]

Ok, after another flash. A test with the headphone jack was positive. Then turned the HifiBerry back on again and everything seems to work as it should… No clue what has caused the issue. Compared the config files, which are exactly the same.

Could that be that some DACs might be impacted by this about SPI max/default clock rate change as of kernel 4.9.43?

My problem stays the same, unsolved

Latest version: 2.323

RPI3 with Digi +, Config:

nitramfs volumio.initrd
gpu_mem=16
max_usb_current=1
dtparam=audio=on
dtparam=i2c_arm=on
disable_splash=1

Volumio i2s setting below: do not alter

dtoverlay=hifiberry-digi-pro

Use standard USB DAC works fine, Hifi Dac Pro with TI5122 works fine as well, only happen to Digi +, need to use Digi to get DoP, any other comment or suggestion?