Hi everyone!

Hi!

I’m Richard, I live in Born, that’s a nice little village in the south of the Netherlands.

I’m a newby to Linux and Raspberry pi. I was looking for a nice little music player for my mp3’s and flacs, and also for using Spotify and internet radio. So I bought a Pi3 and a PiFi DAC+ and the original 7" display and hooked it up. First with Runeaudio, as I was told it would be the best…
Well, it does work. I was not happy with the sound quality so I decided to create a linear power supply and spice the DAC with a seperate 5V, and also 5V, 3V3 and 1V8 for the pi. In the meantime I was getting very frustated the way Runeaudio acts when using Spotify and decided to give Volumio a try. I liked it from the start. :slight_smile:

I finished my power supply and had my first listening sessions. Sooooo much better than with that crappy 5V switched mode supply. :slight_smile:

I saw there’s a new version of Volumio and installed it. However there’s something wrong with the touch screen plugin, my system does not boot anymore. I saw this is a known issue. I’ll wait till it’s so;ved and installed the previous version again. :slight_smile:

I’m an audiophile, and vinyl lover! Also I’m a very driven photographer.

So, hope to learn a lot here!

All the best,
Richard.

Welcome to Volumio, Richard :slight_smile:

Thank you!

Hi, when I read “Born” I think of “auto”, not “audio” :smiley:
Anyway. veel plezier hier en hoop dat je vindt wat je zoekt.

– Gé –

:smiley: :smiley:
That’s true, here in Born the Mini is born. :stuck_out_tongue:
Also the Volvo 340, 360, 440, 460 and 480 were made here. ANd the Mitsubishi Carisma, Space Star and Colt. I had a Space Star for 12 years, 240k with no trouble. Now I have a Colt from 2011, the last model.

Thank you! Good Dutch language!