DLNA|UPNP Browser

According to CHANGELOG 2.344 (16-12-2017):
NEW FEATURES DLNA\UPNP Browser

What is it? What does it do? I don’t see it anywhere.

Thanks,
Dion

You should have it in the browse section. If you can’t see it, go to system -> delete user data (you will loose all your settings).

I can confirm that “delete user data” on existing installations helps.
I tested this on my “non-productive” test system (Raspberry PI Zero W).

On my main system i do not want to delete all data. I have favourites and radio stations and playlists etc…
Is there any “non-destructive” way to make the upnp browser show up in the gui?

Thank you in advance for any hint!

Yes, in the next update I will include an automatic enabler of this new plugin. Thanks for your patience

This is very good news! Thanks alot.

When I ended up with a non-working Volumio, I used tar to make a copy of the files in the /data directory, and unpacked the archive after updating. This saved all my playlists and radio stations correctly.

Later, I found this guide that explains the procedure:
https://volumio.org/forum/quick-dirty-volumio-data-configuration-backup-with-tar-t6521.html

Hi I tried this and it works a treat.

I’ve got Twonky on a MacBook Pro which serves a folder from Dropbox. This is a great solution as it means my music is available on all my computers/locations and it is backed up. It also means if I buy music and update my library at work, it’s updated at home. So I’ve been looking forward to this update!

Sadly though, for some reason, Volumio is reading the file names oddly - see attached. It seems to do something similar (although different random labels) from my other DLNA/UPNP server (OpenMediaVault).

I don’t have this problem playing tracks from UPNP to my Cambridge Audio NP30 network player.

Do you know why this is happening?

Dominic
Screen Shot 2017-12-30 at 12.24.13.jpg

Can you try with different file format? MP3 or Flac? Does the problem still happen?

Yeah, it seems to be Alac. Any thoughts on a fix?

Apart from converting to FLAC :slight_smile:

Flac is good. Volumio as a perfect bitperfect player.

Flac is good. But mine’s all ALAC. Which means they work across all my devices. FLAC doesn’t work on Apple devices without massive fannying around - and the user experience of the FLAC apps aren’t always great.

I’m seeing the same behavior as domchocolate. I listen to most my music on an iPod Classic so converting to FLAC isn’t really a great option. What’s weird is that when the track initially loads, it shows the artist/track/album for a moment before it changes to the number.m4a format.