No cover art when played as upnp renderer

I would like to build a Volumio network audio streamer using mainly upnp/openhome on a raspberry.
I will attach a raspberry LCD screen as I like to see what’s playing and being able to use it also without smartphone.

But I tried playing songs from Mimim server with Bubble upnp as controller on Android and there are 3 problems:

1. Loading playilist to Volumio openhome is very slow (a pain)
  2. While playing if I go in the web interface I can see the track name, but not the album art (in bubble upnp I’m seeing both).
  3. In web interface I can’t seek track, it changes the round indicator if I click it, but no track seeking is done (from bubble it’s ok)

So it seems that the web interface is not well integrated with volumio while playing as a home media renderer or I missing something?

On a raspberry PI LCD I will see the same as the web interface? (and so no album art?)

Thanks!

Hello, I confirm I am experiencing the same issues.
I must say although that I can see cover art in bubbleupnp if I add music through bubbleupnp, and not if I add music through the volumio interface itself.
Also using volumio though bubbleupnp is slower than through its native interface. A mpd/upmpdcli solution of course is faster through bubbleupnp but lacks the nice user interface.

Otoh, use of upnp natively through volumio has greatly improved in the latest versions, notably it’s gapless now!
With sbc so cheap these days, one might want to build two dedicated boxes, one for volumio and one for mpd/upmpdcli. Of course a single box solution would be preferable and easier to manager for everyone. Hopefully Volumio will further enhance its upnp compatibility.

Anyway kudos to the volumio team for the great work!

Regards

Sent from my Le X829 using Tapatalk