Configuration when Kali+Piano 2.0 DAC and Raspberry 3

I have just bought and assempled the Raspberri Pi 3 + Kali + Piano 2.0 DAC.

I have installed the latest version 2.348 and everything is working fine - but no sound.

Can anyone run me through the exact configuration I need to have to ensure the Kali and Piano 2.0 DAC to work together.
I have chosen the I2C and Piano DAC is of the list. But there must be something else to remember?

The Piano DAC works fine without the Kali between the Rasp. and Piano. The power when the Kali is part of the setup supply the power to all three boards from a Allo Power Supply (I bought it as the bundle).

The error it can give is "Failed to open Alsa; failed to open Alsa device “hw; 1,0: no such file or directory”

I have seen reports of interference between the Kali clocks and Pi3 internal Wifi. Try using a separate Wifi adapter if you’re not using one already.
You can additionally put the adapter on the end of a short extension lead to keep it away from the Pi.

Hi Jonners

Thanks for the input or tip if you will.

I have got the Kali board work but there is deficiently something going on with noise or the like that make the setup crash.

I have made it work also from the onboard wifi. I made it work first to connect by wired, then back to wifi and it still worked.
But it crash when I screw the Piano to the Kali - at the moment it is just the pins (GPIO header) that hold it together. But if it crashes I can only make it only it start up correctly if I disconnect the Piano from the Kali (but turned off).
It makes not much sense…

But again right now it works - I will see how long this last.

Who have experience with the Sparky, and it there not a chance this is not particularly supported by Volumio and other OS in the future?

Are you saying that it works when you just push the connectors together, but when you put in the screws it stops working? That sounds like a bad solder joint somewhere. I’d give it a good inspection and try to reflow the joints, but really if that’s the problem, you should exchange it.

Mine has never acted this way.

Mike