Ciao!

Hello! I am an ‘audiophile’ since my teenage years. Have been through the ‘classic’ 2.0 setup. 2.1, all fed from the CD. Then I discovered the computer audio and based my system on the Mac. This meant ditching CD, ripping my music library (you know the drill). I have been changing DACs, starting from DAC Magic, ending up with Ifi Nano iDSD and Bryston BDA 2. Music software is Pure Music. Amplification is done by - a hybrid (tube pre-amp) Soundart Rock amp. It drives a pair of Shahinian Obelisks speakers. Recently I connected 2 passive, custom made subwoofers driven by NAD C270 amp. In order to run them I acquired Asus Xonar U7 MKII DAC, and RPI3 plus Allo Piano 2.1 with Volumio. Asus is in my Mac rig (DSP is done in PureMusic) and the other system is Raspberry (Volumio) based. It is real fun to test play and compare these two. Looking forward to becoming a member and discussing with you.

Ciao MichalPi, welcome to Volumio :slight_smile: It’ll be quite interesting to hear how your systems compare.