Cann't connect after upgrading

I have just run the update option via the volumio interface and on rebooting I could no longer browse to the device. I can ssh to it but browsing does not work. On connecting a screen directly to the device the browser says that the site can’t be reached.
:question:

Have a look at the systemd log with ‘sudo journalctl -b’ and see if there are any clues there.

Same over here, fresh install reboot after first time run and not able to connect anymore to volumio.local:

volumio@volumio:/var/log$ systemctl status dhcpcd.service
● dhcpcd.service - LSB: IPv4 DHCP client with IPv4LL support
Loaded: loaded (/etc/init.d/dhcpcd)
Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Mon 2018-06-18 16:13:36 UTC; 6min ago
Process: 1891 ExecStart=/etc/init.d/dhcpcd start (code=exited, status=6)

Jun 18 16:13:36 volumio dhcpcd[1891]: Not running dhcpcd because there is aleady an interface specific instance … failed!
Jun 18 16:13:36 volumio dhcpcd[1891]: /var/run/dhcpcd-eth0.pid … failed!
Jun 18 16:13:36 volumio systemd[1]: dhcpcd.service: control process exited, code=exited status=6
Jun 18 16:13:36 volumio systemd[1]: Failed to start LSB: IPv4 DHCP client with IPv4LL support.
Jun 18 16:13:36 volumio systemd[1]: Unit dhcpcd.service entered failed state.

Kind regards

Harry

Hi friends,

I guess all of you that see this issue have installed the wonderful “GPIO plugin” which is definitely the reason for this.
Please jump over to the following thread, Jonny G has opened, where i have described my tests to verify that.

https://volumio.org/forum/gpio-plugin-causing-volumio-stop-booting-t10157.html

Josef

Well, can’t have the UI no more.

I don’t use the GPIO plugin, /var/log/volumio.log is just an empty file, and systemctl --failed reports dhcpcd.service & upmpdcli.service errors (which doesn’t seem related).

Very disapointing I must say.

Ok, did a ‘volumio pull’ this morning after 2.413 build’s release.

Everything back to normal. Thanks for the work guys.

Side note: you should put a notice somewhere on the blog / forum / documentation. All Volumio users who upgraded with incompatible plugin are probably in a broken state right now. And all users don’t know how to ssh.

-j

Hi,
I have the same problem after update to 2.411.
What is the volumio pull? How can I fix it?

Thanks a lot Tobbes

Ah, okay.

I found that “volumio pull” is a command used in the terminal (or ssh).
I will try it.

Best regards
Tobbes

Hi, the volumio GUI came up again after the “volumio pull”.
But the spotify connect plugin seems not to function any more (also after restart).

I cannot choose the RPi in the SpotifyApp.

Best Regards
Tobbes

I suggest you to factory reset, since with volumio pull the updater will not work

Deleting the directory /data/plugins/system_controller/gpio-buttons solved the problem for me (the GPIO plugin was installed, but I didn’t use it)

-paganini

Volumio 2.411 and the new gpio plugin are immune to this issue

Hi,

I get the following message in red if i try to enable the GPIO plugin or Rotary Encoder plugin:

This plugin is failing to start. Please install an updated version or contact plugin developer.

(v2.413, fresh install, PI3)

• Josef

Anyone out there who got these 2 plugins running on v2.413 ?