Allo Piano 2.0 doesn´t work with Volumio 2.029

Allo Piano 2.0 doesn´t work with Volumio 2.029 on Raspberry Pi 3 with choosen Output Device Allo Piano:
Error, Failed to open audio output.

It works with:

• RaspiDACv3
  • ST400 Dac (PCM5122)

But in combination with Kali it´s an awful sound.

Hi ,

we will investigate as soon as possible.

Hi,

How can I use Allo Piano for the DAC Model in Playback Options?

I just installed the new Volumio version 2.029 that has support for Allo Piano listed as a feature. I noticed that Allo Piano was listed in the previous version but it didn’t work for me and I then found another posting on this forum that it wasn’t ready yet:

https://volumio.org/forum/problem-with-piano-dac-volumio-problem-with-dac-piano-t4980.html

When I installed the new version just now I thought it might be ready and work, but I still get the same error as before and can only have Volumio working using the RaspiDACv3 DAC Model settings. The same error shows on my web UI as found in another post here about the Allo Piano v2.1

I have RPi 3B, Kali Reclocker and Allo Piano.

Edit: I actually have the RPi 3B, I wrote RPi3 the first time.

Thanks,
JET

Moved because it was duplicated, Allo is investigating on this one

Thanks, I have the Allo Piano that has the headphone amp output and doesn’t have the 2.0/2.1 output, but it does seem to be the same issue.

Hi there,

it was the same issue for me PI3B+KALI+PIANO2.0, choosing RaspiDACv3 solved the problem, can the quality be improved???

+1 not working on pi 3+piano2 (no recklocker). Went back to RaspiDACv3

So from what I understand: the bundle of kali+piano 1+rberry pi 3b ain’t working at volumio’s latest build right? (I wish I got it wrong)

Tapatalk kullanarak iPhone aracılığıyla gönderildi

Someone in the other thread about Piano 2.1 impressions said that with the Piano settings the 1-2 seconds pause between tracks goes away, I was hoping for that at least… also someone else implied that the sound quality might be lesser with these RaspiDACv3 settings than with the Piano settings when they work.

Will have to wait and see about improvements if the new settings get fixed.

It works, but you have to use the RaspiDACv3 DAC Model settings. There are new settings for the Piano, but they seem to not be working for many of us with Piano DACs.

Thanks. It’s not good.

Well, does Kali work anyway? And does piano 2 work with the latest build and Kali?

There must an inspection or something else for this issue.

Ps: my v2 is on 2.002 so this means I have the privilage to use pi3+piano1+Kali right? :stuck_out_tongue:

Tapatalk kullanarak iPhone aracılığıyla gönderildi

Hi ,

we are fixing the issue , hopeful we will have a fix on DSP on Monday.

Output impedance of headphones (we are using TPA 6133 IC) is not given in the datasheet ti.com/lit/ds/slos821b/slos821b.pdf

Hi ,

can you guys confirm that Piano works on Volumio 2.0.30 ?

I think I have a clue why for some people does not work. For people reporting it not working ,did they flash 2.030 directly or did you update from the WebUi?

Hi Guys

It’s working for me on rpi 2 with Kali + Piano using output device Allo piano + i2s Dac on +Dac model allo piano in playback options all is working fine and sounding mighty good i did a fresh install of volumio 2.030 not an update from previous build :smiley:

I think I got what went wrong. We placed a critical part of Allo driver install in the firststart.sh scritp, which does not get executed on update.

For those referring problems with Allo Dacs (and have updated from previous versions). You have 2 ways to fix it:

1- Reflash with 2.030
2. Connect via SSH and execute the following commands:

cd /lib/modules/4.4.9+ sudo depmod cd /lib/modules/4.4.9-v7+ sudo depmod

Let me know how it goes!

For me I did a fresh install.

Here it works with RasPi3 + Kali - Kali + Piano 2.0 + Volumio 2.03
after severall reboots and shutdowns because of the mixer-settings
which seems to have an independent existence and shows combinations
which are not possible.

Ok, so your issue seems related to the mixer options (which are a pain in the ass, I can’t get them working reliably!!! )

Please choose hardware as mixer and leave the default one

approach 2 does not work!
Only “Software” Mixer available and no Mixer Control Name