Allo Dac + kali + Volt plus: housing project

Hi, very slowly… im thinking about a project with Allo pcb’s…
Id like put all Allo devices and a rpi in a big box and build a custom streamer powered by Volumio… of course. :slight_smile:
I have two answers and every advice is welcome…
The first… what kind psu for Allo Volt+? Where i can buy a 19v 60w linear psu? A kit to mount inside the box would be ideal.
Or maybe i can use a switching psu (laptop like) and capacitance multiplier to avoid noises?
The second answer…
What happens if I remove Piano Dac’s RCA from pcb?
I Could use 4 clips from shielded wire and use 4 RCA Panel adapting a box that I have at home…
What do you think about?

PSU…any laptop brick will do…the CM (already on volt+) will clean it

Thats a great news… run to buy my new great amplifier :wink: Tnx Mr Allo :slight_smile:

Kali is arrived, now i need a psu (for kali) and a psu for Volt plus.
After that i will think how much space the pcbs need and will be time to buy a big case… :slight_smile:
Next time ill post some photo…

And today is arrived my volt plus board… very nice!
Mr Allo, what the trimmer and the microswitch in the board do?

allo.com/sparky/volt-plus-amp.html#closer

Leave the trimmer where it is…its droping about 0.4v to get rid of all ripples in your laptop PSU

The SW is for AM avoidance…leave it as standard factory settings.

Ah ok, thanks for the answer, can i ask you where the drop 0,4v can be measured with multimeter? Another answer… if i can…
This amp needs a “running in period”, like others similar digital amps like T-amp? How much hours? Thanks Allo :slight_smile:

Marcello, what do ou think of the Volt Plus?

Input of the CM—output of the CM should be about 0.4v…but cannot tell you exactly where to measure.

Most people say that class d/capacitors need about 30h of burn in … on my volt+ it sounded good since the beginning.

Make sure you use about 19V PSU…thats the sweet point of TPA3116/18

@Allo tnx very much :slight_smile:
@Michelangelo: Seems that is a very good little amp, a good separation of channels, good soundstage…
Less better than my Kingrex [emoji14] but more powerful.
Im waiting to give my last impressions after several hours burn in, with Kali (im waiting my psu from Allo) and with a better psu: now im using a 24V 2A from Little bear… In my project ill use a 19V linear psu with a big toroidal and a lot of POWER! LoL…
So stay tuned… my next step is a trial with Kali… next week i think :slight_smile:

@Allo: do you know how many Ampere Volt requires to work well? I have a crazy idea about bi-amplification…

You don’t need the toroidal PSU… thats the whole point of CM

Just try a cheap laptop brick of 19V, you will be surprised (hopefully in a good way :slight_smile:

ok Allo… great… and… if i would use 2 Volt? One psu is enaugh? Sorry for all questions…

We are here to help…so no worries. Shoot as many questions as you have.

Yeap one PSU should be enough. Theoretically you need about 75W per channel…but thats only on some transients.

When we measured the Volt+ takes about 200ma of power. So any laptop PSU will do…even 60W (for 2 Volt)

Yessss :smiley: thanks for the informations Allo
Im thinking to use 2 Volt plus for bi-amp new my speakers…that i I have not yet [emoji38]
But this later…is just an idea…for now

Allo, I have a question about the Kali:

Is there any difference soundwise between using the optional external +5V DC Power in or the 5V/3A DC Power in ?

maybe i can answer… Allo store have only one psu… 5v/3a.
Is very important feed correctly Kali with real 3A…

Thanks Marcellom, but I actually I mean something different. Is there a difference in feeding the Kali with a PLUG or with JUMPERCABLES/CONNECTOR?

100% same thing…just different connector