Hi to all...

Just wanted to drop a line and say hello to everyone.
I wear 2 hats…one of a music lover and other of a manufacturer of audio hardware.
My intention is to participate in this community by discussing, in an ethical manner, what we have created and get your feedback and even new ideas.

We designed, developed and manufactured a series of RPI compatible add on boards that can also be used with our own single board computer.
these are to be launched by the end of the month.

here are 2 examples:

In the past few months we have worked very hard on a new shield for RPIs/SBCs.
Basically the main idea belongs to Ian’s. His hardware is actually superior to ours , mostly in the way he implemented the clocks and to the attention of the detail (like mounting xtals on a pcb supported by elastics ). So we credit Ian’s idea and his great design.

Our hardware/soft is not a copy , its an implementation of the same idea. We use a FPGA and sram to buffer the DATA and we reclock bclk/mclk outside the FPGA using NDK (or Crystek) . The board has an eprom but its not HAT complaint (because of the space). FCC will be available for the board.

Main reason for making the board was to try to correct the audio clocks of SBCs and bring high quality audio to anyone that has an SBC around…for a great price.

We also have designed a new DAC working with any SBC/RPI (i2s)

We are using 2 DAC ics PCM5142 with integrated DSP. The PurePath software from TI is available for download (registration required) and can be used to create specific filters and other audio functions.

The board will come pre programed as a 2.1 output (but you can create your own custom design and load it the board and can access the xover frequency directly from linux (we made a small app)

Hardware wise , we have split the digital and analog side with LDOs and we feed the analog side using an extremely capable (low noise ultrahigh psrr) LT3042. Basically each board has 4 LDO (2 for each DAC ic) (note that digital side uses cheaper LDOs)

Of course , on the analog side we used only thin film resistors and poly caps in audiopath.

This DAC has RCA outputs but also a small connector that will connect to our TPA3118 AMP shield (only LR)

i guess later on we can continue discussions about this in the proper threads where I will share more info and specs.
Glad to be here and cheers to all!

You have a PM