Albums with the same name

In the Albums list albums with the same name are grouped by the artist, but if you click onto the album all tracks from all albums with that name are listed.

Same issue here; selecting e.g. Yello’s album “Touch” (‘Clear and play’) results in both Yello’s as well as Sarah McLachlan’s album to be added to the queue. Adding one artist’s “Greatest Hits” album to the queue unfortunately adds all “Greatest Hits” albums…

Keep up the good work!

System: Raspi 2B + Hifiberry Digi+, Volumio 2.114 (fresh install on SD-Card)

Adding my experience.
Above problem persists in version 2.118.

Same issue with 2.129.

I can confirm this, too. Newest version installed.

This issue has improved in 2.555, but persists in an unfortunate manner.

When I view an album that shares a name with other albums (for example, “Greatest Hits”), I see only the tracks for the album I intended to view.
However, attempting to play the album adds all tracks among albums of the same name to be added to the queue.
Attempting to use the menu to add all tracks to the queue has the same effect as above.

This makes it quite frustrating to listen to “Greatest HIts” albums. Any workflow workarounds would be gladly appreciated.

Any solution or update on this issue?

Hi,

This bug is introduce by this patch :

github.com/volumio/Volumio2/com … 00610d37a9

please remove it and it correct the problem.

I have make the modification on my 3 distincts Volumio and it is ok now.

nano /volumio/app/plugins/music_service/mpd/index.js

uncomment line 2071:
var GetAlbum = “find album “”+safeAlbumName+”"" + " artist “” +safeArtistName+""";
comment line 2072 :
//var GetAlbum = “find album “”+safeAlbumName+”"";

ticket is open :
github.com/volumio/Volumio2/issues/1768

Ludo.

Thank you for the information.
I don´t remember installing this patch.
How to know it is installed?
If installed, how to uninstall it?

Hi,

This isn’t a user patch, but a patch apply to the release code. If you want to correct the problem, make the modification in code like a wrote upper directly on your Volumio player. Or wait some official developper take a look and make a new release of Volumio.

Ludo.

Ok, Ludo.
Thanks a lot!