Which Wifi Dongle are you using

Write down which wifi dongle you are using!

If you know an interessting dongle which is not supported yet, write it down here (maybe the driver is included in the next version)

List of the Dongles:

• TL-WN725N (Version 2) Realtek 888eu driver not supported yet
  • Edimax with the Realtek RTL-8188CUS chipset
  • Ralink Technology, Corp. RT5370 Wireless Adapter

Edimax using the Realtek RTL-8188CUS chipset

Ralink Technology, Corp. RT5370 Wireless Adapter

Works fine.

Looks like this:

Bus 001 Device 004: ID 148f:7601 Ralink Technology, Corp.

doesn’t work with standard 1.5 installation

CSL 300Mbit USB WLAN Dual-Band Adapter based on Ralink RT5572; works fine, no additional drivers needed.

LG

Hi

Hardware: Cubox-i2ultra
Issue: built in wifi chip has really poor performances!

Dongle used: Asus usb N13 Rev B1 (RTL8192CU chipset)
Dongle works very good with Archlinux (archphile 0.99.1 cubox), using drivers from manufacturer instead of the drivers included in the kernel (dongle is as bad as the internal one using kernel provided rtl8182cu drivers)

Manufacturer drivers cannot be compiled without kernel-headers (and I do not manage to get the correct headers for cubox-i).

Could the realtek drivers be included in next Volumio release, instead of the ones currently available out of the box (may be moved to “suggest a feature” panel)?

Thanx
Flahutbux

I try to use the CSL 300 mbit/s dongle with external antenna.

It is powered bei Realtek RTL8191SU chip but shows very strange behaviour:
The dongle detects all available networks but does not connect. even on different hardware: Rpi 2 + RPi3, with or without AMP-Boards. And most Exiting: the same hardware configuration runs smoothly with other operating systems: Raspbian, max2play and some others.
I already updated the realtek firmare to the lastest version-without success.

Any idea how to fix it?

BR Jewel78

You may need to set CRDA to your country; please check this.