Volumio update

Hi, just wondered when the next update is due. I am still struggling to mount my NAS, and hoped this might be easier in the future. I obviously know very little about Linux! :confused:

Have a go - part of the RasPi appeal is learning!

I struggled mounting mine as well then found these instructions and it worked perfectly. It literally takes 2 minutes and you don’t need any Linux knowledge since you’ll copy and paste everything:

Firstly we need to connect to Volumio from your PC. So to do this, on your PC download putty.exe from here then run the exe file: the.earth.li/~sgtatham/putty/lat … /putty.exe

In the “Host Name” box type the IP address of your Volumio then Click open. When it asks for a username, enter “volumio”. Same for password.

When it’s logged on, enter the following (tip - right clicking in the putty window will automatically paste any text you have copied from here) and press enter:

sudo apt-get update

then…

sudo apt-get install cifs-utils

Finally this bit. You need to change the settings to be specific to your NAS as these are what I used for mine, but this is the same info you enter into the web GUI so nothing that you won’t have tried before.

• Change the “192.168.0.90” bit to whatever the IP address of your NAS is.
  • Change the “public/Music” bit to wherever your music is on your NAS.
  • Change “USERNAME” and “PASSWORD” to whatever details you need to log-on to yours.
sudo mount.cifs //192.168.0.90/public/Music /mnt/NAS —verbose -o user=USERNAME,password=PASSWORD,rw,iocharset=utf8,sec=ntlm

That’s it. Your library should refresh automatically and you should see your NAS music. You won’t see the mount displayed in the GUI but that doesn’t really matter.

Thank you very much - with a combination of your help and amending the syntax for my share - the name has (brackets) which confused issues, the database is now updating (which might take a while) - lots of FLAC :laughing:

I Also added:
mkdir /mnt/NAS
mkdir /mnt/NAS/NAS
chmod -R 7777 /mnt/NAS/NAS
as suggested in another post.