[Solved] Volumio 1.5 MPDroid connection fails

After updating to 1.5 MPDroid app can not connect using the settings used for 1.41 (IP, port 6600, no password), what has
changed in this version?

According to lsof -i mpd is listening on port 6600, so that should be correct.
Have you checked the IP, and made certain that volumio uses that IP?

I seem to have the same problem with MPaD for iOS.

Same for me (Android).
No connections with Mpdroid.

Port is 6600 and IP is correctly set.
With or without password doesn’t work.

This is due to an error in etc/mpd.conf

Directly after the flashing it contains an example config.

To change that you have to change some mpd settings via the GUI (menu/playback) and save it (you can revert it directly afterwards).

That will put an automatically generated content into mpd.conf and restart mpd. Afterwards it should listen to 6600 again.

That’s interesting… Didn’t spotted that… Ok so another thing to add on the to fix list

It helped, now it works again, thanks!

Sorry, what do you mean by “To change that you have to change some mpd settings via the GUI (menu/playback) and save it (you can revert it directly afterwards).” ?

Thanks
Vittorio

This cannot be classed as “solved” until it has a better explanation of what to do.

Sounds like you need to make a temporary change in the Menu->Playback settings and save it, This will create a proper mpd configuration file, which overwrites the example configuration file packaged with the release.

Ok, got it.
I was looking some settings in MpDroid, instead the “Menu->Playback settings” are in Volumio.
Just made a Save Changes and now it’s working.

Thanks
Vittorio

I had the same problem. Fresh install of 1.5 and MPD control failed to connect. So I made a change to webui “menu” “playback” “audio output”, saved it and then changed the “audio output” back to normal for me (x20).

MPD control is now working ok.