Bubbleupnp cannot see Volumio

Hi,

When I connect my Raspberry Pi running 1.4 to a wired lan, I can see the DNLA renderer in BubbleUpnp.

When I use my USB Edimax dongle, as I need to in the desired location, I cannot see the renderer anymore, though everything else is accessible.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Brian Williams

1 Like

Can you access the normal volumio web ui over WiFi? It will have a different IP / mac address to the lan one. Also have you enabled upnp control in system settings in volumio. If you have done both then it’s probably not a volumio issue and more likely to be an issue with your wireless network and bubble upnp.

I am having the same problem.

I can see the renderer “Volumio” in Bubble when i am on LAN.

When i am on Wifi it doesn’t see the volumio renderer.

All switches are on in “services management”

Guys,

Not suggesting that this is the solution but there is one major factor that can come into play with network streaming Wired vs Wireless. That is your router config and firewall. Wired connections do not pass through firewall on router. Wireless will follow firewall and config rules that might affect network discovery and playback.

I have a reasonable experience with different routers so if you cannot solve post your router model numbers and i might have had some previous experience that might help.

To solve the problem, you could try to specify, in the upmpdcli configuration file, the UPnP network interface that should be used. It worked for me.

To do this, edit the file /etc/upmpdcli.conf and add the following line at the end of it:

# UPnP network interface
upnpiface = wlan0

where wlan0 is the name of your wifi network interface.

Hope this helps!

I have the same problem like i try to explian here (without answer yet) : volumio-renderer-not-visible-can-see-upnp-server-t2108.html

Man, this stuff can give you a headache!

NWTStuff, you are a legend! So, I allowed both outgoing and incoming traffic from the upnp port (udp 1900) and I can now see the missing wifi renderer. I am just rebooting my devices to make sure it was not a fluke, but all looking good atm.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Guys, I have annoying problem after replacing my router. Volumio is on Wi-Fi with Raspberry Pi 2 with wifi dongle. I can control it via Sound@Home of via volumiopi.local but BubbleUPNP cannot see volumio renderer. I didn’t have that issue with old Dlink. Now I’m on ASUS AC1200.
I tried with:

1. upnpiface = wlan0
  2. switiching off Firewall in the router

any advise? thanks